Wednesday 26 June 2013

Sunshine and Butlins ..

Sam and Sprout
 
For those of you not familiar with Butlins, in the picture above is Sprout of 'The Skyline Gang' - with my little mini sprout.
 
Yesterday myself and Sam's Nana took him to Butlins for the day to cheer him and his Nana up as they have both been feeling a bit under the weather. So up at the crack of dawn (hang on, isn't that normal for Sam?) off to pick up Nana then the drive to Minehead. We never told Sam where we were going, I think he thought we were going to Marks and Spencers to do some shopping!
 
Once we we were on the edge of Taunton my little bright spark pipes up - 'mummy, I think I saw a sign to Minehead, is the car taking us to Butlins?' then he fell asleep, and I realised he was awake as we neared Minehead and from the back came 'Mummy! Nana! I can see Skyline!' Bless him.
 
Over six hours we were there, and it flew by, it was great to see Mum smiling too, she has full independence there, she hired a mobility scooter for the day  (mum has CMT like me and isn't very mobile now) and she enjoyed being able to look around the shops etc independently. I can no longer push her in a conventional wheelchair since I developed the blood clot (Sagittal Sinus Thrombosis) so it does make days out for us difficult.
 
I knew bubs would sleep on the way home as he was stumbling to the car ( wobbly sam and wobbly mum) with aching legs, but even so he still wanted to keep going - he has such spirit.
 
So, a success, and I was quite impressed with the price, I was expecting it to be expensive ( you know how it is with theme parks and the like - take out a mortgage to get in) it was £29 for the three of us. With so much to do - bargain.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment