Wednesday 13 November 2013

Happiness is a journey...

Hello world..

I have not been blogging for a while  now - but now i'm back :-)

 I have had a very difficult few months health wise and also personally. A while back in July I had the wonderful news that my thrombosis had now gone and I blogged about this being a fresh start for me -  http://wobblymum.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/a-new-beginning.html
...all seemed positive. Then everything seemed to just fall apart, the neuropathy I have (Charcot Marie Tooth Disease) hit me with symptoms worst than I had ever had and I found myself falling almost daily and in pain constantly. As for my head, the news that the Sagittal Sinus thrombosis had gone was soon followed by the usual headaches, disturbed vision and horrendous 'whooshing' in my head. It seems a combination of scarring left by the SST and the IIH (Idiopathic Intercranial Hypertension) are still going to try and rule my life.

I found it difficult to cope with all the physical symptoms and was fighting the depression which was starting to take hold again. I try incredibly hard to be positive for my son - I don't want him to grow up looking back on a miserable mummy, I want better for him. He has his own problems, I passed on the Charcot Marie Tooth to him (it is genetic) and he has now also been diagnosed with Hypermobility Syndrome. So the past few months have also meant trips for Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Orthotics for Sam. 

My consultant Neurologist and my G.P talk of my need for support.  My boyfriend and I parted two months ago. I have an amazing mum who unfortunately due to her health ( Charcot Marie Tooth disease also) is unable to help me physically..but she is there for me and understands. I also have a wonderful friend who was my Homestart volunteer when Sam was tiny.. she is there if I need to moan but sadly we leave quite far apart, as does my best friend. Most of my family (apart from my sister and her daughter) just don't understand, and I often hear negative comments filtering back to me through third parties, it hurts and it feels like being kicked when you are already down and struggling to find the way up. So..Sam and I tend to 'go it alone' a little team of two taking on the world.

I am now getting used to the sudden worsening of the CMT and realise that although the clot has gone I will still have to live with the IIH and other symptoms that the clot has left such as memory loss, and the sudden loss of words when talking ( so frustrating) However at the least the Stroke risk has now gone with the clot! I am focusing on Sam, he keeps me going as he is the centre of my universe - a wonderful son who loves me unconditionally.

Health wise I am finding that following a healthier diet is helping me and I decided a couple of weeks ago to join Weight Watchers. I had put on all the weight I lost after having Sam and this is not good for the CMT or the IIH so it was time to take action and go back to WW who I lost it with before. It took a lot to get me there, anyone who suffers from Depression knows how hard it can be to go and do something different..but my Consultants words about losing weight were ringing in my ears lol, so I did it and I am so glad I did because its a friendly group with a lovely leader. It has given me a little more control of my life..and now i'm obsessed with counting pro points, but hey..it takes my mind of other stuff!


                                             

 Here is to a happier journey.... xxx

I love Quidco

No comments:

Post a Comment